Monday, August 31, 2015

letter from Alyssa - August 31, 2015

My favorite part about the mission so far is probably teaching about the Plan of Salvation. I haven't been able to much yet, but the times I have are some of the best teaching and learning experiences so far. . . . . 

Sometimes I wonder if Heavenly Father can possibly find a way to bless me in which He hasn't already.  . . . .

Preach My Gospel is the best. Literally. Well, actually second best next to the scriptures - if there was one thing I could say would prepare you best for a mission Landon (Ty, this goes for you too)(besides preparing for the temple of course, but as in doing the work) it's to study those 2 (scriptures and PMG) and practice missionary work now. That's it. Do it! . . . .

The temple is the best! That is another of my favorite parts about this mission I wish we could go more often. . . . .

Again, I can't think of anyone more blessed than I am! . . . .

That is awesome that you have finished the Book of Mormon again! It truly is the most powerful and most true book on earth. I have been thinking about Elder Christofferson coming and (not that I'm getting my hopes up of course) I remember Elder Ballard talking about in this last conference that one of his favorite things to do is to greet the missionaries as he travels the world. . . . .

I am out of time this week but there's not a whole lot to report on the work... I will add the few things this week to next week because we are going to do much better and much more this week! You are all the best!!


- Sister Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment