Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Alyssa - ponderizing - Oct. 20, 2015

This week I have been ponderizing D&C 68:4 - And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation.

The part that has stood out most for me recently is "shall be the will of the Lord," because, especially as a missionary, but even throughout my life His will has been a great concern of mine. Not in a manner of doubting it in the least, but in being and continually becoming someone that knows, follows, and upholds His will. Oftentimes I don't know what His will is as much as I search and strive and seek for it, but I do know I can trust Him and nothing will change that. And the way I trust Him (or one way) is that I know the scriptures are true, the standard works and the words given by the power and gift of the Holy Ghost. I look for ways to apply this in my life everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment