Monday, March 14, 2016

letter from Sister Shumway - March 14, 2016

Before I forget: "But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction. O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever." Jacob 3:1-2

Wow Casan it sounds like you really know how to have a fun week! Let me answer your questions Casan- style. On Monday I taught Mohammed and Rojin. On Tuesday I taught Tiffany and Dottie and Shirley and Shannon. On Wednesday I taught Tammy and Carol. On Thursday I taught Corinna and Nick. On Friday I taught Loch and Lauren and Joy. On Saturday I taught Julie and April. And on Sunday I taught the Bishop's family (dinner message).
My favorite scripture... good question. That's a hard one. One that I have been thinking about a lot recently (besides the ponderizing one above) is 3 Nephi 27:30-31 “And now, behold, my joy is great, even unto fulness, because of you, and also this generation; yea, and even the Father rejoiceth, and also all the holy angels, because of you and this generation; for anone of them are lost. Behold, I would that ye should understand; for I mean them who are anow alive of bthis generation; and none of them are lost; and in them I have fulness of cjoy.
I don’t know why it’s kind of highlighted yellow.
 Just to let you know email is acting really weird so I’ve had to spend a good amount of the time trying to work around it, I’m sorry ._.
Not a whole lot to report on this week, we have had a lot of responses from people, had some opportunities to teach (the people I listed for Casan are a mix of members, less-active members, investigators, and door-contacts so when I say teach there it sounds like a lot but not a lot has happened which is ok). Mohammed and Rojin are 2 new investigators, they’re Muslim. Rojin is 18 and going to a community college, Mohammed is her dad. We taught them the first lesson and they both have copies of The Book of Mormon. Rojin wants to come to church, but it’s just a matter of freeing up her schedule, you know, as it is with most people. Debbie and Kelle (2 different potentials) want us to come back this week or soon but they’re also very busy so we’re going to try with them too. Lauren is a less-active, but she wants to invite her friend to take the missionary discussions again. She also met us at the church with her son, Loch (7 years old) so I could give him an introductory lesson to taking piano lessons. We found a member to continue teaching him that we think will work pretty great. Julie (less-active) is coming to dinner with us and a member on Saturday. And we’re helping Tara prepare to go to the temple for her endowment (recent convert of a couple years or so). Most of the work that’s happened this week though is that surprisingly, a lot of people have responded to our texts, calls, and stop-bys. Some weeks go more like spinning our wheels trying to catch people and suddenly the time is gone. But even though there wasn’t seemingly a whole lot of progress made, we got a lot of answers (negative and positive) that will hopefully give us more to work with this week. Which, by the way, this is the last week of the transfer. Let you know what happens with that next week.
It hasn’t been a depressing or slow week, but I do wish I had more to say because I bet it’s just as fun for you to read this each week as it is for me to get mail. If you do have questions and stuff I will answer them as best as I can! (better than I did for Casan this week, promise).
 But also know that I think of you guys all the time. I have your pictures covering my wall, I write down/print some of my favorite parts of the emails you send so I can have them, and I love when little things throughout each day remind me of one of you. That has really meant a lot for me this week, and I want you each to know I love you so much!
Sister Shumway


No comments:

Post a Comment