Monday, July 11, 2016

letter from Alyssa - July 11, 2016

Alma 7:17 " And now my beloved brethren, do you believe these things? Behold, say unto you, yea, know that ye believe them; and the way that know that ye believe them is by the manifestation of the Spirit which is in me. And now because your faith is strong concerning that, yea,concerning the things which have spoken, great is my joy."


It's been a pretty fun week. My ankle is doing better, it doesn't hurt to walk normal anymore but I can't go any faster than that at all. There's a physical therapist in the ward though who is giving me free treatment weekly and I think it's really helping. I've never wanted to just go running more in my whole life (mostly because the majority of our day is sitting in the car, at a table, or on a couch or something) so I'm looking forward to a full recovery. But it's doing better and will just take time.


This week was definitely a temple week. On Tuesday we got to go with our district for a session, it really does feel like going home sometimes for a little bit after a long day. Then we had our temple tours shift right after which was really convenient, and there was a member there with her kids visiting from Las Vegas. We talked to her family for a while and opened the church building for them, afterward she said she was taking them to Chick-fil-A and offered to get us lunch. That was so so nice and really good.


I found out from someone (I forgot who) that there are penguins in your mission, Landon. Send me pics.


We picked up 2 new investigators this week from tracting, Carrie and her son Quincey. They were SO CLOSE to coming to church yesterday but canceled last minute. Sister Wimmer taught her for the first time the day before with another sister since we were on exchanges, but they're totally open to learning more and getting involved in the church.


Sydney is going to girl's camp this week, so I'm sure this will be a fun and also great spiritual experience for her. She just finished reading the Book of Mormon a couple days ago! Perfect timing, I can't wait to hear all about it from her and see how her testimony has grown.


Sierra is STILL waiting for her mission call, it's been almost 5 weeks. We've started doing studies with her in the mornings at least weekly, and she loves it. It's also helped us be able to practice teaching and go back to the basics without using way too many words. And sometimes her mom makes us breakfast :)


Saturday I was on exchange with another sister in the YSA ward and she had her temple tour shift that day, I was there a lot this week. Which was good. There were 2 guys with their mission calls who had went through the temple that day and their family was having a big picnic lunch and offered for us to join, so we got another free lunch at the temple. That really is the place to be.


Looking forward to another week, love you all! Thanks for your awesome email!! Reading those from you is one of my very favorite things. :)



- Sister Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment