Tuesday, September 6, 2016

letter from Alyssa - Sept. 6, 2016


Romans 5:3-5 for this week: "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also:knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

Alright on to a new transfer! So here's what wrapped up this last one with this past week -

Sydney asked her parents if she could be baptized, and they said their answer for now wasn't yes but wasn't no. So we are going to work with Sydney on personal progress (that she's already done a lot of actually on her own) to keep her progressing in the gospel as much as she can for now. She's awesome, her testimony is strong and will carry her to the day she does get baptized as long as she keeps it up.

The Olzaks (less-active/part-member/recent convert all in one family) had us over for breakfast, Stacy made french toast with hawaiian bread and vanilla in the egg mix. It was really really good. We had a really good time and they're taking us to P.F. Chang's for lunch today right after i send this email.

We got to see Sister Wimmer's twin sister Eliza on friday! She was passing through on her way to San Diego with a friend and President Clark gave us permission to go to dinner with her. It was really fun, Sister Wimmer and Eliza are best friends and so we had a great time.

I saw the Novillos (part-member family in the Wood Canyon ward) at the temple music night on sunday. That was really fun, they came over and found me to give me hugs! Made me feel loved and I'm so glad they came.

Tell me how the BYU game goes this weekend Ty! Sounds like this last game was exciting!

New transfer, but staying in the Las Flores ward (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!:) plot twist - WITH Sister Wimmer for a 3rd transfer :D AND we're co-training a brand new missionary who's coming to the field today. Just like you dad! Training at the end! SO excited. Miracles are bound to happen and I can't wait to see how much more my testimony grows. Makes me so happy.

Last week I finished the Book of Mormon. And I'm starting it again. There have been so many testimonies given of the Book of Mormon, the power by which it was brought forth, and many other truths that build on it. It is true. I know it, and I believe it with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. The moment I finished as i was sitting there pondering, I was surprised at the feeling of approval and love from Heavenly Father, like He was congratulating me or smiling at me as if I had accomplished something extraordinary, which I didn't expect. It made me feel happy (like real happiness) that He was happy. And I express gratitude for the Book of Mormon in my prayers to Him! I have come to know Jesus Christ a little better, and love Him as I strive to come closer to being like Him. He is wonderful to help me change and progress in that process of becoming. 

Love you! Praying for you! Miss you! Love you!

- Sister Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment